Hotel Plitvice was designed by renowned Croatian architect, Marijan Haberle, and constructed between 1954 and 1957. At the time it was built, it was the first hotel of the so-called „A“ category both in Croatia and in the region. The building represented one of the best architectural pieces (public use buildings) of post-WW2 time in Croatia. The hotel includes a car park and a souvenir shop, and provides luggage carry services, a reception desk open 24/7, an exchange office, a safe, laundry services, room service and internet access. There are 51 units: 19 Superior rooms, 12 Classic rooms, 20 Economy rooms, and a Senior suite. Economy rooms have French beds (160 x 200) and a bathroom with a shower; Classic rooms consist of two single beds (140 x 200 and 100 x 200) and a bathroom with a shower; Superior rooms feature a French-style bed (180 x 200), a bathroom with bathtub, a comfortable sofa (extendable) and a balcony. All rooms have SAT TV, a direct-line telephone and mini-bars. The hotel has an à-la-carte restaurant with a capacity of 160 seats, with a variety of gastronomy specialties on offer, a lobby with outdoor seating and a lounge. The restaurant is an excellent venue for business lunches, dinners and presentations, while the lounge has all the technical equipment necessary and is suitable for smaller scale events and seminars for 40-50 participants.